Wednesday, November 2, 2016

IWSG November 2016


This month is my first month participating in the monthly Insecure Writers Support Group blog post.  I have to say, I’ve very excited about this group overall.  Each month, each member will make a post on the first Wednesday of the month and then go visit some new blogs.  We hope to encourage one another and offer words of encouragement for people who are struggling.  If you’d like to join the group, just go here.

This month, we are given the question What is your favorite aspect of being a writer?  And I think this is an absolutely wonderful question to start off my IWSG posts! 

I absolutely love the feeling of sitting down (without distractions) and pattering away on my keyboard.  I can write whatever comes into my head and see how the story changes and evolves.  Most of the time, my writing is very personal and only for my eyes.  But I’m able to get down on screen what I’m not willing to say out loud.  It’s absolutely exhilarating!

In other news, day one of NaNoWriMo started yesterday and I didn’t get anything done.  I feel so ashamed, but my husband surprised me with gifts for our 6 months of being married and wanted to hang out before I ignore him all month.  I’ll just have to double up on writing this week to catch up.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.  I know this post is short but I’m attempting NaNoWriMo this year, so I suspect all my posts will be short this month. 

Are you participating in NaNoWriMo this month?  How’s that going?  If you’re part of the IWSG, I’d love a link to your blog post for this month!  I hope all your writing is going well!