Monday, October 24, 2016

Welcome & NaNoWriMo

Hello there, and welcome to my blog.  I always find it very odd when people say that upon opening a blog.  Especially me, considering that I have literally zero followers at present time, and the chance that someone will actually read past this sentence is slim to none.  But that's totally okay, because I'm writing this blog for me to reflect upon later.  I haven't journaled or blogged in months so it's a little nostalgic that I'm even doing this.  But more on that later (or never).

Small Disclaimer: I named the blog Anna's Rambles because I will, indeed, ramble.  This is the only disclaimer I'm going to post (today).  Apologies for the inconvenience.  

The main reason I'm writing this blog is to start participating in NaNoWriMo.  I've never participated before, so I'm really nervous I won't do well.  So, I thought if I put this out in the interwebs, I might find some better motivation to actually finish.  And, so far, it's working!  I've gotten a few writing buddies on NaNoWriMo.org and they've really helped me push to get some planning done in the month of October.  It's actually quite exciting!

In my follow up post, I'll talk a little bit about what I've planned out so far (without giving away my entire plot line because that would be bad) but today I'd love to follow some more writers out there.  If you are participating in NaNoWriMo this year and have a blog, please comment with it below.  I'd absolutely love to follow it and see how everyone is doing.   Good luck guys and happy planning.  Only 7 planning days left until the crazy begins!

Anna